Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys Elite > Maxisys app will not load after update
Maxisys app will not load after update

1170 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: 2021-04-06 10:35:16

•   Level 1   
    (5) points

2021-04-04 17:11:38
    I recently updated my tablet as I usually do. Now the Maxisys app, quick support, internet browser, etc will NOT load. I've reached out to tech support but haven't had much luck. When I try to do a factory reset the tablet screen will go black like it's rebooting but never turns back on. Has anyone else has this issue? Any advise/help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! 

•   Level 7   
    (1593) points
    promaster

2021-04-04 17:28:38 (Reply to:)

•   Level 10   
    (7578) points
    witsend

2021-04-06 10:35:16 (Reply to:promaster)

Every time there is some sort of  an update for vehicle make or system update Autel has some sort of disclaimer and a message recommending you back up the software. I have found some videos of how to create software back ups to usb storage (since system prevents writing to ext.SD card ), however I have seen no videos of  after someone's update subscription has expired, on how to reinstall the software from the backup after performing a factory reset to device, and then actually being allowed to access the diagnostics app again without connecting to Autel's website first to confirm you are still within your update period to get the green light to actually access diagnostics again, so I have reason to believe all the time to create these software backups is a waste should you ever have to do a factory reset after update expiration. Maybe selective cherry pick repair of a single car make software possible.
  Total1 Pages